Freshservice Makes It to Okta’s Top 10 Fastest-Growing Apps
Freshworks’ IT service management tool, Freshservice, is among the world’s fastest-growing workplace apps.
The product features in the coveted ‘Top 10’ list of software maker Okta’s annual Businesses @ Work Report 2020, alongside Zoom, Splunk and Jamf, with an annual growth rate of 77%. The report includes an in-depth analysis of how organizations and people work, breaking down which apps and services are most effective in helping employees stay productive.
Freshservice, ever since it entered the world of ITSM in 2014, has evolved in its features, capabilities, and user experience. Here’s a glimpse of how Freshservice has advanced in its journey.
IT teams are always on the hunt for integrations to enhance the overall ITSM experience across their organization but do not always have the time to develop apps to fulfill their needs. With Freshservice Marketplace, admins can select from among the 300+ apps in it based on their requirements.
2. Machine learning
Application of machine learning in ITSM allows significant improvement in customer experience. It helps handle issues more effectively, decrease service desk agents’ efforts, and reduces service costs. Over the past couple of years, Freshworks has been harnessing this potential of artificial intelligence and ML to provide better end-user experience. This led to the development of Freddy, the AI and ML platform that powers several features across the Freshworks suite of products. Be it the ‘Thank you detector’, NLP, or ‘Ask Freddy’, all ML features of Freshservice have been crafted to make life easy for its customers.
- Change Blackout and Maintenance Windows: In organizations that deploy multiple changes every week, most change agents, change managers and requesters neither have visibility on the changes being implemented for an asset nor the ability to enforce policies to not deploy changes for an asset. With Maintenance Window, organizations can schedule multiples changes, view the changes implemented on an asset, group relevant changes, and even include ad-hoc changes to the window. With Blackout Window, organizations can enforce policies to not deploy changes and schedule code freezes for assets. This way, users can view the maintenance and blackout periods in their change calendars.
4. Agent Productivity
- Multi-account Experience for MSPs: In this configuration, each customer/client of the MSP would reside in their own Freshservice account, and, therefore, can have complete isolation of data and configuration from one another.
- Field Suggester: One of the most time-consuming tasks in managing a service desk is assigning the right parameters to an incoming ticket. Field Suggester creates a prediction model based on previous tickets in the service desk. It uses this model to predict field values such as category, group and type for every incoming ticket. This saves 40% of an agent’s time, allowing them to focus on other important issues.
- Sandbox: Making changes to automation rules and configurations in a production account can lead to mishaps. Users do not want to be restricted from trying new ways or improving existing configurations in the service desk. With Sandbox, users can create an out-of-the-box environment to test workflows and configurations before syncing them to their Freshservice production account. Though Sandbox is a mirror of your Freshservice production account, tickets, customer data or contacts will not be copied.
- MS Teams Integration: The Microsoft Teams integration comes with the Freshservice Bot, a.k.a the ServiceBot, which pushes notifications to MS Teams about new tickets to agents/groups. It can also be used to update or respond to the tickets. With streamlined updates about incoming tickets in MS Teams, agents can collaborate and respond to tickets faster without having to toggle between windows.
7. Enterprise Service Management
Freshservice has made its way into Enterprise Service Management through its Employee Onboarding feature.
Onboarding an employee is not as simple as it sounds. Lack of automation results in delays and this does not provide a great experience for new employees.
The issue had to be addressed and solved. Here’s how Freshservice did it with Employee Onboarding.
- Zero Conversations: No more conversations across multiple channels regarding onboarding. The feature automatically collects information about all the personnel involved in the process and includes them in the process at the required stages.
- Efficiency: As the number of child tickets created would reduce, it becomes easy for IT teams to keep track and fulfill requests.
- Employee Satisfaction: The smooth and streamlined experience of the processes helps in improving employee satisfaction.
A feather in our cap doesn’t mean we pull the plug on delivering ‘moments of wow’ to our customers. There’s much more to come as we continue to transform the way IT works by making life easier for our customers through better product experience.
Design Credits: Nidhi Shah
Subscribe for blog updates
Thank you for subscribing!
OOPS! something went wrong try after sometime