Manage complex IT projects with modern Gantt
An IT project can introduce a variety of challenges during implementation. The IT team handling the project should constantly improvise and embrace mid-project adjustments to make sure everything is in place. This is especially true when dealing with a company-wide change that might come with varying levels of complexity, risk, and impact. Project management in ITSM ensures seamless implementation of complex IT projects within the stipulated deadline.
If you’re a project owner or a project portfolio manager, you should constantly communicate with all the teams involved, identify gaps in your project, and at the same time keep up with the timelines to complete your project on time.
A visual representation of all your project’s tasks will give you a glimpse of everything that is going on with your project. This will help you identify bottlenecks and fix them before it gets too late.
Keeping that in mind, we’ve built an intuitive Gantt in Freshservice’s new-gen project management module.
Introducing modern Gantt
You can now plan and get a bird’s-eye view of tasks and track how they are progressing. The Gantt charts represent task lists/epics, tasks, sub-tasks, and their dependencies against a linear timescale.
Here’s a list of features you get as part of Gantt:
- A visual view of the project tasks and their timelines
- Task breakdown into sub-tasks by owner and status
- Ability to add dependency between tasks
- Filters – Customize the Gantt’s contents by filtering it based on assignees, statuses, priorities, and other features.
- Color-coded task status
- A pop-up box with task details when you hover over the chart
In addition to the visual aspects of the Gantt, here’s how it can make the project manager’s life easy:
- Visually map out your project plan easily by drawing a horizontal line, which will automatically add the start and end date for that task. Drag the line to increase/decrease the duration for that task.
- Hover the mouse pointer over the project task to create task dependency.
- Break down a task into smaller sub-tasks: updating the end date of the sub-task will automatically update the new end date for the parent task.
- If you want to replan the timeline of any task, just dragging it will automatically reschedule all of its subtasks—it’s that simple.
With the newly built enhancements, you can effectively manage your complex implementation projects in Freshservice.
If you’re already using new-gen project management in Freshservice, tell us how you manage complex implementation projects.
Want to check out all the project enhancements within Freshservice? Sign up for a free trial today.
Cover image: Nidhi Shah
Video design by Karthikeyan, Ram
Subscribe for blog updates
Thank you for subscribing!
OOPS! something went wrong try after sometime